A good individual dental insurance policy in North Carolina is one of the most sought after insurance products by our clients. So we strive to do our best to find a quality product that has a fair price point and quality coverage.
It wasn’t easy to find a good dental plan that we can recommend to our clients and sleep at night. Dental insurance is something everybody will use, very rarely will somebody pay for dental benefits and not at the very least get their cleanings.
That makes it hard for the dental insurance providers decreeing a plan that makes sense for both the client and the bottom line.
I think we have found such a plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina. It really should be no surprise that they are at the forefront of some of the most innovative and affordable health insurance products in the last 10 to 15 years.
Protect your overall health
Medical experts have linked periodontal (gum) disease to stroke, heart disease, diabetes, pre-term or low-birth weight babies and other health issues. Nearly 75 percent of American adults have some form of periodontal disease, and the symptoms can be so mild that some people don’t even know they have them.1
But with proper daily dental care, regular dental checkups can help detect, prevent and treat gum disease and related disorders.
Choose Dental Blue for Individuals and you can take a big step toward protecting your overall health.
Coverage you can smile about
With Dental Blue for Individuals, you’re covered for a broad range of dental services, including routine fillings and extractions, plus major services like crowns, bridges and dentures.
Coverage includes preventive care twice per benefit period.
That means you can get checkups and cleanings twice a year, and that translates into good oral health.
And, there are no waiting periods for cleanings, routine oral exams and other diagnostic and preventive services.
Dental Blue for Individuals Benefits
Routine oral exams and cleanings, bitewing X-rays, sealants (for members 5 to 15 years old only), pulp testing, fluoride
treatment (for members through 18 years old only), palliative emergency treatment, emergency oral examinations, other diagnostic and preventive services
Fillings, space maintainers (for members under 16 years old only), endodontics, simple extractions, oral surgery
and other basic services
Gingival curettage, gingivectomy and gingivoplasty, periodontal maintenance, inlays and onlays (once per 5 years),
crowns and bridges, dentures and other major services
Annual maximum for all services3
This is a partial list of services that are not covered by Dental Blue for Individuals. Your coverage may be canceled by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina for failure to pay premiums when due
and for fraudulent statements on your application, among other reasons. Members will be notified 30 days in advance of any change in coverage. Consult your member guide for complete information. Your dental benefits plan
does not cover services, supplies, drugs or charges that are:
• Orthodontic services
• Not clinically necessary
• Investigational in nature or obsolete, including any service, drugs, procedure or treatment directly related to an investigational treatment
• Not prescribed or performed by or upon the
direction of a dentist or other provider
• Received on or after the coverage termination date, on or after the coverage termination date, regardless of then the treated condition occurred or whether the care is a continuation of care received prior to the termination
• For telephone consultations, failure to keep a scheduled visit, completion of a claim form, obtaining dental records, and late payments
• Incurred more than 18 months prior to member’s submission of a claim to BCBSNC
• For complications or side effects arising from services, procedures or treatments excluded from coverage under this dental benefits plan
• Provided and billed by a licensed dental care professional who is in training
• Available to a member without charge
• For care given to a member by a provider who is in the member’s immediate family
• In excess of the allowed amount4
• Cosmetic services
• For dental implants, oral orthotic devices and palatal expanders, except as specifically covered by your dental benefits plan
• Dental services provided in a hospital, except when a hazardous condition exists at the same time,
or if covered oral surgery services are required
The rate for an individual is $39/month, Individual plus 1 dependent is $78/month and the Family plan is $125/month.
You can use any dental provider you choose, though if you use an in-network doctor, you’re costs be the lowest.
Click Here For Dental Plan Quotes!